Download and/or Print Your Copy Here: Redeemer News November 2017
- A call was extended to Rev. Peter Burfeind to serve as pastor at Redeemer-Homer. He has accepted the call.
- Matins is every weekday morning at 8:30. The children from the school attend and it is a wonderful way to start the morning!
- The second annual City of Churches Tour is taking place on Friday night, December 8th and Redeemer is participating again. It will run from 6 to 10pm. We need volunteers to donate cookies, greet our guests, show them around the church, and help clean up. We welcome help for an hour or the whole time. Sign up on the sheets on the bulletin board or e email Karen Koons at Karen.Koons@frontier.com .
- Ladies Aid Advent Tea Saturday, December 9th. All the women and girls of the congregation are invited. We will begin with the Holy Communion Service at 10:30 and then gather in the undercroft for festive beverages and lunch. Last year we had a cookie exchange for the first time and it went so well that we are going to do it again. Please RSVP to Jane, email@example.com, or call 260-602-4924.
- Advent & Christmas Schedule
o Advent at Redeemer includes daily communion, replacing the normal Matins services on weekdays at 8:30am and on Saturdays at 10:30am. In addition to that, the Holy Communion is still offered at every Sunday service at 8:00 and 10:30am, midweek on Wednesdays at 10:30am, and Thursdays at 7:00pm. The Thursday evening services will feature guest preachers and be preceded by a supper from 5:30 to 6:30pm. Our guest preachers and topics are as follows:
- Seminarian Evan Scamman will preach on St. Ambrose Thursday December 7th
- Seminarian Mark Kranz will preach on St. Lucy Thursday December 14th
- Reverend Benjamin Pollock will preach on St. Thomas Thursday December 21st
- Church Christmas Decorating Thursday December 21st after service
- Fourth Sunday in Advent is December 24th
o The Coral Christmas Eve Vespers and Divine Service will be at 7:00pm. The service will feature guest organist, Dr. John Gouwens of Culver Academy, the Redeemer Consort, and both Redeemer’s adult and children’s choirs.
o Sunday School Christmas Pageant will be Sunday, December 17th
o Christmas Day service will be at 10:30am. Daily communion will continue the week following Christmas.
o New Year’s Eve Service at 7:00pm
o New Year’s Day Service at 10:30am
o Christmas Dinner is at 3:00pm with appetizers with dinner at 4:00. We will provide the turkey, but the rest depends on you! Please also bring whatever beverages you’d like beyond coffee or water and table service for your family. Beer will be available for a suggested donation.
- Ladies Aid is continuing to raise money for missions in a variety of ways. In addition to the Kroger Community Rewards, we are going to have a variety of scrip available to order each month. Watch for more information. There will be a rummage sale again this spring, so don’t throw anything away!
- Thank you to everyone who supported the Ritzmans through the Ladies Aid fundraiser and through other gifts. They will be returning to Papua New Guinea in December and would appreciate your prayers.
- New address for Pastor Evenson: Bridgewater Heathcare Center, 14751 Carey Road, Carmel, IN 46033
- Pastor Petersen’s Bible Class on Sunday mornings meets in the undercroft. Everyone is welcome. Pastor Frese leads a Sunday morning adult bible class in the Luther Room. This study’s focus is the “Sunday School” bible stories you learned as a child, covering the major events and characters that are leading to God’s fulfilled promise of a Savior. This discussion format environment allows us to explore the basic biblical doctrine in these accounts along with basic Lutheran doctrine drawn from them. Questions and comments from participants are welcomed. Involvement by participants is fluid between Pastor Frese’s can Pastor Petersen’s classes. Feel free to jump back and forth as you want.
- Redeemer Classical School is off to a rousing start! The pastors and Jane are enjoying having the kids in the building. While there is still work to be done on the third floor and the courtyard, much has been done and looks good. They invite anyone who would like to join them on their Friday afternoon nature walks to do so at www.fortwayneclassical.com
- Keep an eye on the website. Emily Thompson and Matthew Garnett are both helping with various aspects of it and we’re adding more features. You can now access the church photo directory in a password protected part of the site. Please contact Jane for that information.
- Join us to play darts the third Saturday of the month in the undercroft. Adults and teens are welcome. If you don’t want to play but would like to come and socialize, that’s fine too! Talk to Pastor Petersen for more information or look for “Redeemer Darts” on Facebook.