Team B, captain Krissy Lagemann, will be cleaning this week
Matins has resumed at 8:30am each weekday morning as well as Private Confession and Absolution 6:00pm each Thursday evening.
The September Newsletter is available in the narthex. We have also included a separate sheet with information about an opportunity to have a will done free of charge. This opportunity is being provided by Concordia Theological Seminary and all of the details are in the sheet we are providing.
Not Too Late to Join – Christian Wisdom Tuesdays at 7:00 pm. This fall’s session will focus on Luther’s life and theology as seen in the Catechisms. Participants will be given a copy of Luther’s small and large catechisms for the class, free of charge. They will then be given assigned readings each week from those books and also from the book of Galatians.
Here is Pastor Petersen with more details on the course: Video on Christian Wisdom 2017
- Registration is required for Christian Wisdom. Please click here to sign up.
Dart competition September 23rd to benefit the Matters. $15 will get you into the games, plus pizza, snacks, one beer, and a raffle ticket. $12 will get you pizza, snacks a beer, and a raffle ticket. Additional beer and raffle tickets will be available for purchase.
- Please register for this event by clicking here.
Work Day October 7th! Please join us to help tidy up the landscape and other projects around the church. We’ll be starting at 8 am and breaking for Matins at 10:30. Food will be provided.
Fall Voter’s Meeting is Sunday, October 22nd at noon.
The Sauerkraut Supper is returning as part of our 125th anniversary celebration. It will be on Friday, October 20th.
Mark Your Calendars:
- September 9th – Ladies Aid
- September 10th – Welcome Brunch
- September 12th – Christian Wisdom Begins
- September 15th – Luther Movie Night
- September 17th – Church Council
- September 23rd – Darts Fundraiser
- October 1st – City-wide Reformation Service at St. Paul’s
- October 7th – Work Day
- October 20th – Sauerkraut Supper
- November 5th – Church Anniversary/ Potluck
- December 8th – City of Churches Tour