Luther’s Life and Theology as seen in the Catechisms
Beginning on Tuesday, September 12 at 7:00 pm will offer the latest installment of our ongoing in-depth Bible classes entitled “Christian Wisdom.”
The classes are offered every Fall and Spring and last for just 10 weeks each. They are taught at the level of a community college course and expect the participants to do some reading and thinking outside of class. This Fall’s offering will focus on Luther’s life and theology as seen in the Catechisms. Participants will be given a copy of Luther’s small and large catechisms for the class for free. They will then be given assigned readings each week from those books and also from the book of Galatians.
The classes on Tuesday nights from 7:00 to 8:00 will be a blend of lecture, discussion, and interactive activities meant to supplement and deepen understanding of the readings. The classes will be taught by Rev. David H. Petersen, Redeemer’s senior pastor. As a supplement to the course this Fall, students will be invited to come enjoy some free pizza and view the 2003 Luther movie starring Joseph Fienes on Friday, September 15, 6:30 pm.
The class and books are free but registration is required.
For more information:
By Phone: (260) 744-2585
By Email email@example.com
To Register, complete the form below:
About the instructor:
Rev. Petersen is a popular speaker and preacher throughout the Missouri Synod. He has an STM from Concordia Theological Seminary in Ft. Wayne, maintains a busy speaking and writing schedule, and is currently enrolled in the D. Min program at CTS.
The Ladies Aid will be hosting a fundraiser lunch for the Ritzmans before their return to Papua New Guinea. It will be next Sunday July 30th at noon. The menu will be sloppy joes or a hot dog, baked beans, and winter slaw. Adults will be $6, kids 12 and under $3. Extra sloppy joes can be purchased for $3 and extra hot dogs for $2. We will also have the almost-world-famous Ragin’ Cajun bread pudding available for purchase for dessert.
Fantastic Things Happening at Redeemer!
- The “Hearing Loop” has been installed! This is a device that has been installed in the nave which allows those with hearing aids to tap directly into the sound system. Sound complicated? It’s not! If you have questions about how to access this service, please see Pr Frese, Matthew Garnett, or Alex Schultz.
- The parking lot looks like a parking lot and not a patch-work quilt! As you’ll see next time you attend Redeemer for services, the parking lot is all paved and ready to go!
- The “Martin Luther Room” is complete! (Thank you Effie!) What used to be the main-floor meeting room is now officially “The Martin Luther Room” – complete with portraits of the great Reformer, his lovely bride, Katie Luther and others. Here we have also stored copies of “Luther’s Works” from which you can borrow in order to enhance your understanding of Lutheran theology. Also, new tables have been placed in the room to enhance its beauty. Be sure to check it out!
- If you haven’t heard already, we have begun live streaming and recording Redeemer Sunday Divine Services to the world! Have a go at those on our official Redeemer You Tube Channel.
Visitation will be here at the church on Thursday, June 15, from 2:00-7:00 pm and also one hour prior to the service on Friday. The funeral will be at 11:00 am Friday, June 16th. As a reminder, we are collecting funds for the Matter family and you can send a check or use our PayPal link.
Team B, Captain Krissy Lagemann, will be cleaning this week.
The May Newsletter is available in the narthex and here online.
The first two stained glass windows have been replaced. We will continue to raise money for the rest of the repair.
Special Prayer Requests: Cynthia Ridley; Kim Stein; Ben Mattison; Martha Hume; Bev Dilling; Dale Steinke; Amy Gerdts; Maureen DeLassus; Susie Kessler; Jean Dray; Willie Schwartz; Jon and Ele Sullivan; Oscar Matter; Ed Maxwell; Ed McClure; Joan Holzmer; Jim Steinke; Mark Crouch; Emma Casey; Emily Hercamp; Emily Cockran; Alena Casey; the people of Manchester, England.
Mark Your Calendars:
- June 8 – Winston Grieser’s Ordination
- August 1-3 – Family Retreat
Please join us for the celebration of the Ascension of our Lord tonight at 7 pm.