Downloads and Printables
April Redeemer News (MS Word)
April Redeemer News (PDF)
Full News Letter for April
-The windows between the chapel and the narthex have been beautified, thanks to donations given in memory of Donald & Ruthann Johns and additional gifts from their family. William Lupkin Designs crafted glass panels that echo those in our sanctuary, and installed them two weeks ago. They will be dedicated on May 21.
-Thank you to Meghan Schultz for her work on the beautiful covers for our Holy Week bulletins!
– The proceeds from the Easter breakfast, which will again be prepared by John Maxwell, will go to help with the repairs to our stained glass windows. The fund currently has $2,844 in it, and it will be approximately $5,000 to complete the most urgent repairs.
– Sunday May 7th is confirmation. We expect to be confirming five children and adults.
– As part of the observance of the 500th anniversary of the Reformation, Concordia Theological Seminary is sponsoring a Reformation Lecture Series. The next installment in the series takes place Sunday, April 30, at 4:00 p.m. in Luther Hall on the CTSFW campus. The speaker will be CTSFW President Rev. Dr. Lawrence R. Rast Jr. His topic will be “The Reformation After the Reformation: Interpreting Martin Luther After February 18, 1546.” There is no charge for the lecture.
– On April 23, the Rev. Dr. Matthew Harrison, president of the LC-MS, will be preaching at Redeemer and leading Bible class. April 23 will also be our semi-annual voters meeting.
– Join us to play darts the third Saturday night of the month at 6:00 p.m. in the undercroft. Adults and teens are welcome. Talk to Pastor Petersen for more information, or look for “Redeemer Darts” on Facebook.
– On May 20, the church will be participating in the Great American Clean-up, and we will be picking up trash and debris from the alley and along the streets by the church. In addition we will be painting the fence around the “snorkel” and spreading mulch inside of the fences to keep down the weeds. Then, on May 27, we will be working again on doing some landscaping around the fence.
– All Saints Day 2017 will mark the 125th Anniversary of Redeemer Lutheran Church. Special events are being planned for that Sunday, and for the entire anniversary year.
– Thrivent offers $250 Action Team grants. Each Thrivent member is eligible for two per year. We are trying to use as many of these as possible for seed money for a variety of projects. We can either walk you through doing the application yourself, sit down with you in the office to do the application, or use your information to log in to the site without you even needing to be around.
– The Ladies Aid is having a rummage sale April 28 & 29. Items are being collected in the storage room at the south end of the basement. The proceeds will be divided between the Ladies Aid and the stained glass window repair.
Receiving and demonstrating Christ’s love in word and deed.
1 John 4:19 Colossians 3:17